Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gratitude Sundae | Day 14 of 30thanks

The 30 Thanks Gratitude Adventure

Well I can't stay up to date very well, so I guess I'll just plug at my own pace.

Gratitude Sundae | Day 14 of 30thanks

10 Random things which I'm currently thankful for.

1. Sports in High Definition
- Because that is the way they are meant to be watched.

2. Finally getting to play Ice Hockey- Not only something that will keep me in shape this winter (hopefully) but that it is also a lifelong dream

3. Winning $5 on a $2 scratch off this week- What can I say, I'm kinda lucky.

4. Going with my family to watch the Blackhawks in Chicago- It was absolutely awesome.

5. Finally getting to try Al's beef which my mother raved about many times- It was juicy, spicy, and every bit as tasty as I hoped.

6. My two cats, Baba and Elphie- Cats are awesome, and my two cats are fun because they are opposites. Baba is a playful ragdoll clown who always wants attention, and Elphie is more like the bitch cat that only wants attention on her terms. It's actually a good balance.

7. A lot of really good TV shows- The Office, Outsourced, Storm Chasers, GLEE, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, and Parenthood. Every day of the week I have something interesting to watch. Never before have I simultaneously been following this many quality shows.

8. Winter/Holiday Beers- As a self admitting beer lover for more than just warm feelings, I must say that I look forward to this season every year for the sheer quantity of quality beers that start showing up on the shelves. While I love a nice crisp wheat ale in the summer, or a rich Oktoberfest in the fall, nothing beats the dark, warming, full bodied, taste of a winter lager/ale.

9. Decaf coffee- For some reason I've always been fairly sensitive to caffeine. If I drink regular coffee past like 7pm I won't sleep. Yet I love the flavor of it, and so Decaf is a good low calorie drink for alleviating oral fixation and over-eating both of which I'm prone to.

10. Where's George? - I love being a crazy georger. Marking bills and watching them bounce around the globe is a fantastic time waster.

No comments: