Sunday, November 11, 2007

Of Redemption and Failure

Tonight the Colts lost again. Adam Vinatieri missed two field goals (1 a potiential game winner) and Peyton Manning threw an apalling 7 interceptions. The Colts started the game looking as ugly as they have ever been and yet even tough they were down by 23 with a field full of injuries they managed to claw back from the jaws of defeat and almost clenched the victory.

I think it's easy to point fingers and get angry at the Colts but honestly I have never been more proud to call myself a fan. We mounted one of the best comebacks possible. It was the same "Never Say Die" attitude that carried the Colts through the AFC Championship last year.

The list of injuries grew tonight to an even more extraordinary level as 2nd and even 3rd person backups came into play. Like a wounded giant though, they pulled together. Even players that were injured gutted through and made it clear that they would not just be plowed over. To put it simple.. they never gave up.

I know that many NFL pundits love to pick on the Colts but tonight the Colts proved case in point why they are an inspirational team.

"I believe in Blue," as the saying goes.

..and I do believe that the colts still have EVERY bit of what it takes to be the 2008 Superbowl Champs. I also believe that a truly great Football isn't team isn't measured in blowout wins and record numbers but rather the ability to win and (lose) tough games with great stride, passion and teamwork. That is athleticism at its core.

This is why that even on nights like tonight I'm still proud to be a Colts fan.

Thats my two,



Sam

No comments: