Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Mash Up #1

I really liked the lists that my cousin has been doing over on her website www.marissabracke.com , so I decided I would give the same thing a shot to see if the creative idea would get me writing on here again.

Here are the following guidelines as taken from her website:

"The Monday Mashup is an experiment, designed to get my creative juices flowing. I get a random word and a random number, and I write a list based on that mashup. I’m not going to require myself to make the list perfect or expert–just requiring myself to do it consistently. At least for now."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday Mash Up #1

2 ways I can make myself more "reliable"




1. Reliability is something that everyone would like to believe of themselves but sometimes we fall short of the effort required to be reliable. This is the first major thing I could improve in myself. To think someone is reliable, one has to feel that said person would be willing to do something asked of them in a timely manner. Of course I get upset if I think of someone as reliable and then they don't come through for me, but if and when that happens, it probably occurs because of how I've been to them. In a nutshell I think in every day life I need to become "available" to people and show effort to do activities that aren't necessarily my priority. If I don't make myself reliable to others why would they do the same to me.

2. Another point of reliability I need to work on is my follow through. It is one thing to do something, another thing all together to do it well. This is a big one for me that I'm definitely in the process of working on. Back in High School I was the king of doing things very half assed. Now that I'm a little older and wiser I have come to understand that nobody gets anywhere in life by doing things the easy way. The exact same principle applies to reliability. I can't consider myself reliable if I don't complete things (both requested my others) and intrinsic things if I don't fully apply myself to them.

Now is the part where I ask anyone else if they want to take a stab at it! How can you make yourself more reliable?

No comments: